Sunday 16 December 2012

Project update

So I've had some changes to my project, as I've gone on i have been looking at various tutorials, walkthroughs and such and my environment art was not progressing, i can watch people do the art but i can't gain the understanding through that method, thus my work and skill was not progressing fast enough to get anything worth while out of it at the end, the work I've done so far on environments has helped me establish the theme of this MOBA game which is still vital to the project progression but my intended outcomes are now slightly different to reflect how the project has progressed. Now instead of producing 4 environment pieces i will be designing 6 neutral monster types. Neutral monster in MOBA games are objectives that fight back, instead of just capturing points you have to kill monsters in order to gain the benefits, this allows for more strategic and involved play.


These are the neutral monsters from league of legends, they range in risk and reward, the wraith, wolf, golem and lizard are the smaller monster that give health regeneration buffs, mana buffs and damage over time buffs.  The dragon is more difficult to kill and takes most of the team early in the game, later in the game most players can kill it by themselves. Dragon grants money to every player on the team that kills it which can be a deciding factor when one team has more total gold to get better items. Barron Nashor, the large worm monster is the larger boss monster witch is very large and hard to kill even with all of the team present.
I now have a lot of work to do to make up for the time lost with the environment art.



No comments:

Post a Comment