Tuesday 5 March 2013

Design Character 2 concept

This is my cleaned up and finished concept for my second design character, from the previous thumbnail designs i picked number 5 to develop and incorporate elements from the other thumbnails. I tried to mix the wasteland look and the sci-fi elements from design number 5. I got feedback in my interim presentation yesterday and i agree with what people said. This design got a little too far away from the wasteland side of the other designs and went a little too far with the sci-fi elements. Now i like the helmet, it looks good and functions as a kind of rebreather since the character has gone from damaged air which his body has become used to, into this new alien air which is much cleaner. The helmet with it's gas mask qualities makes the new air breathable to this character. If this character get's chosen i will develop him slightly to look more like he came from a damaged wasteland.

Next is character 3 which i am currently making concept thumbnails for, this character has so far been based of of a character coming from the pirate era and being thrown into this new world. My only reservation is that i have seen pirate characters in other MOBA games and i have never liked their designs. I've done some research to help with the thumbnails which i will show in another post one they are done. I will at that point assess how the character is looking and if i may want to change the direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment