Saturday 9 March 2013

Speed concepting


In an attempt to test some speed methods during concept creation and part of the feedback from my latest peer presentation i took my original character silhouette for character 3 and gave myself 15 minutes to get as far as i could in developing the silhouette using my colouring and line art method against the painting method.

I really don't have a talent for painting, i can do it paint in shapes and put in some basic lighting but as soon as i need to put details in i just don't know how. If i go through this method it will have a better sense of depth, as that is what lighting does but i really don't enjoy it and i don't think there's much of a benefit to it,  i don't have the skill to follow up so the end result is this mussy detail-less blob. I will paint the end results as i want them to have a better sense of texture and depth but unless i can find a way to mix the two in a fast process that doesn't just look like i drew on a max of messy grey blobs i don't see me using this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment