Sunday 27 January 2013

Lore characters

So i've been moving along with my lore characters and decided to put all my lore pages into the format i previously showed, i got kind of tired of opening the word doc all the time to read through my lore profiles. I also thought it would be nicer to post them up here in a format easier to post so that they could be read along with my thumbnails.
My Targe lore was posted up last time but i'm putting it up again to go with the thumbnails, i had most of these done for a while but couldn't get a decent last one out so i've been putting off posting if, i cracked on with it though and did some other silhouettes for lore characters once i got back into it.


These are my 5 silhouette thumbnails for my character Targe, he's a kind of scrap yard warrior so i tried to incorporate that into the silhouette shapes. Once i have all my other lore character silhouettes done and posted i will be choosing my favorite 3 silhouettes from each character to fully work up and take forward. I'm not going to do all 5 because i'm behind in my work and if they don't look good in silhouettes they're likely not going to look good when finished so there is no point me wasting my time on them. At the moment i'm liking 1,3 and 5 from Targe's silhouettes. He also kind of reminds me of one of my design characters, the short one, i may end up combining them in Targe's lore doesn't get taken forward as my chosen character.


This is a moodboard i made of various things that inspired some of the shapes i used in the silhouettes, i actively tried to get these kids of items and feelings into the characters, some more sucessful than others.



Here is Norah's lore page, it's the largest one i did and had a hard time fitting it on the format, i may need to condense it if i take it forward. I do quite like Norah but i'm worried it may be a little to close to X-men.


These are my silhouettes based on Norah's lore page, she was a little more difficult to work with since there is more story in her lore and less descriptive text on how she looks so i had to go with some sci-fi like assassin looks, i also threw some super powers in to show what else she could do. Being able to steal other peoples powers after death is a hard aspect to draw in a silhouette.


Here is the moodboard that inspired my Norah silhouettes.


No comments:

Post a Comment