Sunday 4 November 2012

Natural Environment research

I've been doing research for a while now and have taken a hit in both my work and my enthusiasm for this project. I spent a large amount of time a couple of weeks ago gathering photographic research on various environments, due to my piece of crap computer that decides to blue screen every couple of days i lost a considerable amount of this research. This made me very annoyed as it should and i became increasingly negative about my project. To an extent i still am, i do regret choosing this project, I've been doing the same kind of project for 3 years now and i don't feel I've got any better. I initially wanted to do some kind of design brief but the more i talked about it with tutors the more i felt completely unprepared for a games design project. I feel as though all I've learnt over the past 2 years has just been knowledge and not skill. I'm kind of stuck where i am though so here is some of the research i have done.


Natural environments

Mountain ranges

My first area of research in this section was mountain ranges.

The first mountain rage i looked at was the Montana mountain ranges.  Also known as the Rockies, they stretch from the northern border of Canada to the southern borders of Idaho and Wyoming.

I liked the interesting formation this mountain range has, it looked like somewhere that could house a hidden city or something along those lines. 



This is the Cordillera Del Paine mountain range in Chile. Though small when compared to mountain ranges like the Himalayas, it is a striking view to behold.

This one drew me in for the same reasons, the jagged cage like formation could be the habitat for some monstrous race. 


 

This is Tam Coc, a scenic mountain range in northern Vietnam. Submerged in water, the only way to explore this environment is by boat.

This one was interesting, i started looking for a different kind of mountain range and found this one in Vietnam. The idea of a submerged environment drew me too it, the long fought battle between land and sea is like many confrontations that could be drawn upon.



This has been my first update in a while, due partly to what i said before but also due to how detestable blogger is. I straight up do not like using blogs as they have terrible formatting issues and have given me nothing but grief when trying to upload  a blog. Most of this is work i put into my design document as well so most of the time i don't bother updating as it seems pointless to copy and past my work onto here. The next upload will be on some other environment research, i'll cut this one off here because i have covered some other issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment