Saturday 24 November 2012

Character thumbs

So earlier in the week we had a guest lecturer, Shaun Mooney, a concept artist, he talked through his work, experiences and processes and then did a workshop showing his process from silhouettes to finished concept, this was mostly with guns but also did a quick character. I decided to do the same, though this is later in the week and I've kind of forgotten what his process was after drawing the silhouettes. Regardless I was in the mood to do some character work as I've gotten bored of doing environments and needed a change or I’ll just be dragging myself through work I don't want to do and just half arsing it. So here are some character thumbnails that I will be able to use for the character portion of my project.

These took me a surprisingly long time to do, longer than they should have but I enjoyed doing them and I think they came out well. When I get round to focusing on my characters which I think I might change up so that I’m mixing in stuff I like doing with stuff I don't so neither gets stale, I will do more of these and eventually pick the ones I like to develop. I also did a gun but only got part way through it and then forgot how to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment